If you are experiencing a shooting, piercing pain that runs from the lower back down to the legs, you are probably suffering from sciatica pain.
Sciatic is the longest nerve in the body running from the buttocks right down to the toes.
The nerve can experience pain whenever you have a trapped nerve, disc herniation, Piriformis syndrome, or trigger point referral. Typically, symptoms of sciatica include the following:
- Leg pain that worsens when sitting
- Tingling or burning running down the leg
- Numbness, weakness, or difficulties moving the foot or entire leg
- A consistent pain on one side of your lower back
- An intense and intolerable pain that makes it hard to stand up
CHIROPRACTIC AND SCIATICA IN LAKEVILLE, MINNESOTA
While sciatica pain can be debilitating, chiropractic treatment can relieve it gently and naturally. This care entails treating the pain without costly and harmful side effects. With that said, here is how a chiropractor in Lakeville Minnesota can help with sciatica:
- Accurate Diagnosis of Sciatica: Chiropractic care relies on the fact that limited movement of the spine can lead to pain and decreased function.If sciatic pain occurs, a chiropractor will review and review your medical history to determine the cause of the pain. The treatment helps the body heal itself with non-invasive (non-surgical), drug-free treatment.
- Chiropractic massage: The chiropractic type of massage is an intense way to relieve sciatica pain and can induce deep muscle relaxation and release of endorphins that act as natural pain relievers While regular spa massage can release sore muscles and tension, chiropractic massage is more directed towards soothing and healing sciatica. Chiropractors have knowledge of the entire musculoskeletal system of your body. how and where to apply pressure to ensure the healing process begins.
- Heat and cold therapies: The chiropractor has used alternating heat and cold therapy s to work wonders and provide quick relief from sciatica pain. The heat can release tense muscles and ease the agony. This treatment will reduce blood pressure and help reduce the symptoms of inflammation. Chiropractor understands the best treatment options for you, both to use it and how often to change them.
- Ultrasound and Other Techniques: Ultrasound is a gentle heat generated from sound waves, which penetrates deep into the body, it improves circulation, it improves treatment, reduces toes, swelling, health, and pain. Laser treatment is also known as cold laser treatment .It promotes treatment by reducing irritation, swelling or edema, and pain. which relaxes the body, increases endorphins, and reduces pain.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: A chiropractic practitioner can apply medication to relax his or her bones. Repair can relax the back and relieve stress on the sciatic nerve. These repairs can also leave a small back sprain and restore a misaligned vertebral disc. This technique ranges from a quick, high-speed push to a combination of minimal force and gentle pressure. It allows the chiropractor to gently move the spine of the lower back to avoid putting pressure on the sciatic nerve. This will decrease pain and restore the flow of the nerve signal. Additionally, a chiropractor can use manipulations to relieve muscle spasms, which will help with long-term relief.
- Spinal decompression: As the name implies, spinal decompression is used by chiropractors to relieve compression of the nerves that cause sciatica pain, which may include techniques to lengthen the spine and improve the space between the vertebrae.
- Lifestyle changes: However, depending on the root cause of the problem, a chiropractor will recommend exercises that not only prevent aggravation of the sciatic nerve. but they also help release pressure that comes from inflamed and tight muscles. These exercises include stretching programs that you can do at home. For example, a feeding pigeon can stretch the piriformis, release pressure on the tendons, and reduce stress. New ways to stand, sit, lie down, and lift to protect the position of the sciatic nerve. This guide can help you strengthen the back muscles to keep the disc in place. The disc may be slippery to put pressure on another sciatic nerve.
Sciatica pain can be debilitating and although it is common this is not a reason you should tolerate it. With proper diagnosis, you can get relief by starting a treatment program. Your chiropractor at Enlighten Chiropractic is well trained and equipped to provide the relief you need from the pressure and sciatica pain you are feeling so you can start enjoying life again.